Importantly, with these measures there is no compromise in quality or reduction in our production values.
You’ll have noticed in the recent news bulletins that producers actively show the film set up and where the presenters are positioned in relation to each other. This isn’t a new trend but a way of showing how film crews observe the current social distancing advice.
To ensure we observe the social distancing advice, we have adopted a number of safe working practices when filming and editing video content.
Investments in our kit
• We ensure all equipment is thoroughly cleaned before and after being used.
• Our variety of lenses enables us to film at distances from 0.2 meters to 200 meters and beyond.
• Our Long mic boom has a reach of 5 meters and with wireless connections combined with our stands enables us to rig a sound mic closer to a person. Social distancing means that handheld and clip-on microphones are no longer an option for interviews. But we ensure its possible to still capture high quality sound
• Go-Pro cameras are more protected so can shoot footage in highly sensitive areas. As these cameras are waterproof they can then be submerged and thoroughly cleaned.
• With our many years of experience filming in clean zones and sterile areas such as pharmaceutical laboratories and hospitals, we are accustomed to working under strict hygiene regulations.
• Keeping our crew size down to a minimum amount of people ensures there are no more people on set than necessary and because we are a multi-skilled bunch that’s no problem.
• Using the latest video editing equipment and cloud based technology allows our editors to work remotely and still deliver our high quality video content as if in the studio.
we’ve always been and will continue to be flexible and patient
Mediafour crew here to help under current restrictions.